No Stinks, STINKS!

27 Jun

Origin Handbags

State of Origin is Gladiatorial. We ask 26 men to take the field and put their bodies on the line with no regard for personal  safety. We put the expectations and the pressure of each state on their backs. We match size with size, aggression with aggression and we try to intimidate. Then once we have sent them out to do this job we somehow expect 100% restraint. How stupid is that?

If you take the risk of violence out of the game then where is the intimidation? The whole game is balanced on a knife-edge where both teams know that if they step over the line then there will be no backwards step. Who wants to watch a tight rope walker with a net underneath him, or a trapeze artist doing tricks while connected to a safety wire? State of origin is a game without a safety net or a safety wire and that is why we love it. The unknown, the anticipation and the eventual spilling over of emotion.  Whether a fight eventuates or not we know that pride, passion and winning for our state is put above all else. All the players know this, as do the commentators and the fans. As a result you can feel the tension and you can feel how passionate the players are. If you impose harsh penalties for fighting then you take away this atmosphere.  It is a battle and weakness equates to a loss.

Now I don’t want to see fights all over the place, I want to see rugby league. But if I see my team being intimidated, bullied or on the receiving end of a reckless act I want to see them stand up for themselves  and this is what I expect from the 17 men selected from my state. I never want to see a NSW player  or a Queenslander take a backward step  and that is how I want it to remain. This arena is one of the last places you can really witness a good battle.

I admire it, I love it and it is a shame that we are losing it.

All you hear is what example does this set for our children. Well you tell your child that you can only ever  throw a punch when playing a state of origin game. If that child is lucky enough to grow up and represent the state then good luck to them.

I would rather that be the example  than soccer where pretending to be hurt in order to deceive the Umpire is acceptable. What message does this send our children? A game where deception is rewarded. That isn’t sport. I see this creeping into the NRL and it is wrong. If someone steps over the line then they should be held accountable, firstly by the players and then by the referee.

How is violence in the state of origin an issue when shows exist like ‘Geordie Shore, Jersey Shore  and the Kardashians. We allow our youth to watch this filth on television where they drink to excess, urinate, defecate, misogynise, fight, confuse moral fiber with clothing fiber and hold fame above all else but somehow it’s a couple punches once a year that is the issue.

Just watch MTV

The irony is we that allow this awful shit to infiltrate our world and yet we try to destroy a contest like the State of Origin.

As a society our moral compass is completely off.

2030CANADM10010-MRN-01-zoom-073d5fb7-ce29-43b7-bb01-372ad5f5ce44

Finally I want to sidetrack this rant and direct my attention to the NSW born commentators. You all are bunch of lily livered traitors. State of Origin is the one time a year that you get to be one-eyed and staunchly back your NSW team. Phil Gould, Sterlo and the other NSW Cronies are always praising QLD and condemning NSW. Listen fellas when it comes to NSW players committing penalties, infractions or other tactics, WE ARE NEVER WRONG!!!. Look at the Queensland commentators. Lewis, Vautin and Tallis. They are so one-eyed it is sickening. But that is how it should be.  Last night Vautin was watching the fight and asked ‘why did Hodges get sent off? All he did was put a guy in a head lock’. He said this while Hodges clearly threw 2 punches. What did the NSW commentators say in response to this ridiculous and non sensical statement. BLOODY NOTHING!

Gus Gould you used to be a NSW coach! Get your head out of all the Queensland’s arses and start supporting your side. Sterling start to defend your team.  Disagree with the Queenslanders. Throw out objectivity and join us on the blue side. Right now you a bunch of fence sitting ‘yes men’.  Traitors to the blue jersey. The worst part is you all used to wear one.

GO the blues in Game III

Rant on

14 Responses to “No Stinks, STINKS!”

1. hiv transmission rate with condom December 2, 2013 at 12:57 pm #

What a material of un-ambiguity aand preserveness of precious experience ablut unexpected emotions.

2. Sara December 3, 2013 at 8:14 pm #

I amm actually thankful to the owner of this ite who
    has shared this wonderful piece oof writing at at this time.

3. signs of hiv December 12, 2013 at 9:37 am #

Нowdy would you mind shaгing whicfh blog platform you’re workіng
    with? I’m looking to stаrt my own blog in the near future
    but I’m having a hard time selecting between BlogEngine/Wοrdpress/B2evolution and Drupal.

The reason I ask is because your design seems different
    then most blogs and I’m looking for something completely unique.

P.S My аpolοgies for being off-topic but I had to ask!

4. stateoforigin February 17, 2014 at 7:45 am #

thanks for the gorgeous write,i m too inspired for that and i like ur blog,,,such a great thought

5. mother quotes March 11, 2014 at 6:07 am #

hi!,I love your writing very a lot! proportion we communicate extra
    approximately your post on AOL? I need a specialist on this area to resolve my problem.
    May be that is you! Looking forward to see you.

6. Flor March 20, 2014 at 4:16 pm #

Heya this is somewhat of off topic but I was wanting to know if
    blogs use WYSIWYG editors or if you have to manually
    code with HTML. I’m starting a blog soon but have no coding know-how so I wanted to get
    advice from someone with experience. Any help would be enormously
    appreciated!

7. Wanda March 20, 2014 at 4:54 pm #

I feel this is among the most important info for
    me. And i’m glad reading your article. However
    wanna observation on few common issues, The web site style
    is great, the articles is in reality nice :
    D. Good job, cheers

8. best quotes about life March 23, 2014 at 5:24 am #

Magnificent site. Plenty of helpful info here.
    I am sending it to a few friends ans additionally sharing in delicious.
    And naturally, thanks to your effort!

9. dogs pictures April 4, 2014 at 9:20 pm #

magnificent points altogether, you simply received a new reader.
    What may you recommend about your submit that you just made some days in the past?
    Any positive?

10. www.youtube.com April 27, 2014 at 12:29 pm #

Hi, i think that i saw you visited my site so i came to “return the favor”.I’m attempting to find things to
    enhance my site!I suppose its ok to use a few of
    your ideas!!

11. Funny Quotes about relationships June 16, 2014 at 6:10 am #

For most up-to-date information you have to pay a visit world wide web and on internet I found this web
    site as a finest web site for most recent updates.

12. daily positive quotes June 16, 2014 at 6:40 pm #

I’m not sure where you’re getting your info, but great topic.

I needs to spend some time learning much more or understanding more.
    Thanks for excellent info I was looking for this info for my mission.

13. www.dailystrength.org July 9, 2014 at 1:48 pm #

It’s very effortless to find out any matter on net as compared to textbooks, as I found this article at
    this website.

14. Fernando October 1, 2014 at 8:11 am #

Hello, of course this post is actually nice and I
    have learned lot of things from it about blogging.
    thanks.